Shop Our Holiday Gift Guide »
Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 
2017 SIMI Dry Rosé Sonoma County Image

2017 SIMI Dry Rosé Sonoma County

In Stock
Add To Cart
$18.00
 
SKU: 80021756-17
Wine Specs
Vintage
2017
Varietal
Rose
Appellation
Sonoma County
pH
3.33
Fermentation
100% stainless steel
Bottling Date
January 22, 2018
Residual Sugar
0.5 g/L
Alcohol %
13.9
Tasting Notes Archive

2017 | 2016 | 2015

this is the awesome description

Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
This Dry Rosé is a tribute to the Simi family’s matriarch, Isabelle, who had a passion for growing roses. The color is lit from within, a vivid coral pink. On the nose, find ripe strawberry, watermelon, tangerine, and a hint of white flower. These enticing aromas set the stage for the palate of fresh strawberry, red cherry, citrus, and melon. This Rosé is forward and focused with bright acidity, a nice body and structure, and a lengthy finish.
Vineyard Notes
Mostly sourced from Alexander Valley (54%), our Dry Rosé primarily comes from our Los Amigos estate vineyard. Los Amigos is a classic, valley floor vineyard possessing sandy loam soils that are ideal for growing Bordeaux varietals. The varied soil types in this vineyard produce different flavor profiles among the vines and the wines that express the best characteristics of Alexander Valley’s eastern benchlands—velvety texture and bright, luscious flavors.
Winemaker Notes
With our 2017 Dry Rosé, we combined both the press and saignée methods. 66% of the fruit went direct to press, while the other 34% underwent the saignée method where the fruit was bled in tanks for 8–12 hours of skin contact to ensure vibrant, beautiful color. We then fermented and aged all the wine in stainless steel to maintain the delicate aromas and flavors we desired. While this Rosé is predominantly made from Cabernet Sauvignon (64%), we blended in 21% Merlot for softness, 6% Malbec to spice things up a bit, 5% Syrah, 2 % Zinfandel, and 2% Graciano for structure.
Food Pairing Notes
Crisp and dry, we recommend enjoying this refreshing, versatile wine as an apéritif or paired with a green salad, fresh fruit and feta, or a summer vegetable pizza.

You must be of legal drinking age in your country to enter this site. Please enter your date of birth below and press "Enter".

Are you years or older?

OR

Verify age via Facebook

We support the Century Councils fight against underage drinking and drunk driving. To learn more, visit their website at: www.centurycouncil.org

We will not share your information or post to your Facebook wall without your permission.

Please enjoy our wines responsibly. © SIMI Winery, Healdsburg, CA

Our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions have changed. By using this website, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions of use.